Read more: Capablanca Memorial
49th Capablanca Memorial (2014)
The Capablanca Memorial Chess Tournament established since 1962 is held annually in honor of the famous world figure and Cuban 3rd World Chess Champion (1921 to 1927), One of the greatest players of all time, José Raúl Capablanca y Graupera (1888–1942). The Capablanca Memorial 2014, is the 49th edition.
The 6 Participants:
Dominguez, Ivanchuk, So, Vallejo Pons, Almasi & Bruzon
6-man Elite Group (Category 19 with rating average of 2721):
1. Domínguez Perez, Leinier CUB 2768 (2004, 2008 & 2009 winner)
2. Ivanchuk , Vassily UKR 2753 (2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2012 winner)
3. So, Wesley(PHI)2731 (first-timer)
4. Vallejo Pons , Francisco ESP 2700 (2001 winner)
5. Almási, Zoltan HUN 2693 (2013 winner)
6. Bruzon Batista, Lazaro CUB 2682 (2002 winner)
R1-R2: Wesley So beats Vallejo-Pons in Rnd-2, leads 49th Capablanca Memorial
R3: Almasi ties So after 3 @ 49th Capablanca Memorial
R4: So, Dominquez & Almasi in a 3-Way Tie for the Lead @ 49th Capablanca Memorial
R5: Wesley So leads 49th Capablanca Memorial at halfway.
R6: Wesley So hang on to the lead @ Capablanca Memorial 2014
R8: Wesley So extends lead @ Capablanca 2014.
Wesley So wins 49th Capablanca Memorial in Havana.